I applaud your attempt to discredit the source rather than to make any attempt
whatsoever to discredit the arguement or the premise itself. But here are some
more reputable sources, irregardless of the fact that the site I linked had a
number of reference sources.

http://denver.rockymountainnews.com/shooting/0422nra3.shtml

And here is the link of how Moore edited hestons speech entirely and spliced
the sentences to create an entirely new speech.

http://www.hardylaw.net/Bowlingtranscript.html

He has a link on there with the actual transcript, and you can throw in BFC if
you want to check Moore's new version. And here is another anti-Moore link
corraborating the Flint incident. I don't need a source for that though, slow
down your DVD player and do it frame by frame. Moore puts together a sequence
of scenes to make it look like Heston is in Flint immediately after the death
of the little girl. He actually says "Just as he did after the Columbine
shooting, Charlton Heston showed up in Flint, to have a big pro-gun rally."

But, from:
 http://www.thetruthseeker.co.uk/article.asp?ID=859
 "When I spoke to Moore last week, he confirmed Hardyâs point about the date of
the speech, but angrily denied the allegation that he had misled viewers."

 Moore actually admits the date was off. How does he get off saying he didn't
try to mislead people.

 As for the civilian casualties, there are only a reported maximum of about
11,300 according to
 http://www.iraqbodycount.net
 Most of the deaths are by cluster bombs and the initial missile attacks. But
go check out the database, those suicide and car bombers are killing more
Iraqi's than americans. When you kill 30-100 people per bomb trying to get back
at the American's, your seriously hurting your own people. Given the 325,000
killed in Vietnam and lets not forget the millions from WWII. I do not condone
the civilian deaths, and I think we still have a long way to go, but war does
have casualties, and I think there were significant improvements so far.

Randall Sanborn