On 20.09.2016 13:00, Roger Schmid wrote:
Just one .. Dropping MTU handling and point to layer7 should handle that
doesnt let you feel strange ? So how could an app handle packet size
thru L4 ?

Uh what now? In IPv4 you have the DF don't fragment bit in the IP header, if set and exceeds a router link, you get an ICMP message back that says fragmentation needed. Your OS handles all this stuff, your application requests and gets a "pipe" to push data through transparently.

In IPv6 the IP header does no longer contain that bit. It's always implied on and if you hit a router where a packet is too big, you'll get an ICMPv6 packet too big message back. Your OS handles all this stuff, your application requests and gets a "pipe" to push data through transparently.

Whenever you want to meddle with such mechanisms, your OS may or may not provide socket hints to programatically influence parameters of said pipe. This is OS dependent and - per sé - has nothing to do with how well IPv6 runs or does not run as it is absolutely not required.

I've activate IPv6 in my home network in 2011 and have never had any problem with it, neither slowdowns nor slow loading pages. Or rather, I do have some slow loading pages, that are all excessivly loading some flash js and other ad stuff. They do the same thing on v4 only as well and are just as slow there.

I do run my own caching-only DNS server, but if this is what is causing "slow page loads", that too is pretty much not v6's problem.

v6 works for the average and even "pro" end user and has been for many years.

Kind regards

My experience is soma pages ar crawling like a snake .. Some ar not
for me v6 is still not ready to deploy to the masses as at least the
mentioned flaw is a show stopper

Em 20 de setembro de 2016 02:13:39 AMT, Jeroen Massar <jer...@massar.ch>

    On 2016-09-19 23:53, Roger Schmid wrote:

        |Come on folks, it is 2016! IPv6 is
        |*20 years* old...
        But still not matured enough to put on public usage

    According to Google 10% of their traffic is IPv6.
    Apple requires it for IOS.

    How is it not 'mature'?

        beside of some
        design flaw it is in some cases even bad implemented

    Need more details.

        Maybe the isp/hoster/transit provider ned some teaching how to
        do it the
        right way.

    Management of companies need to be convinced. Technical folks
    typically
    know that they want it, but are not allowed to play with it...

    That is not a technical, but a political issue.

    Greets,
     Jeroen