On donderdag 28 juli 2016 21:51 Marc Gemis wrote:
> Some background: the natural=water, water = x was proposed by Zverik.
> His idea was to make it easy for mappers using aerial imagery to map
> anything "water"-like with natural=water, eventually someone would add
> the water=x detail. x, can be pond, stream, river, canal, oxbow, etc.
> etc. [1] carto-css (the standard rendering can handle this tagging
> scheme without problems).
>
> Recently someone was complaining about this use for bassins. [2]
>
> [1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:water
> [2] https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk/2016-June/076144.html

In the thread that followed several points for both sides have been made.

Reading the full thread on talk, I don't feel like fixing the Leie any more. I
will just try to solve the render issues and then leave it be. OSM's free
tagging is one of it's strengths, but also one of it's biggest disadvantages.

--
Dit bericht is ondertekend met OpenPGP.