Exactly, the guys just being passionate to orgs who claim to fight on our
behalf,

Barry.

-----Original Message-----
From: mai...@andrelouis.com [mailto:mai...@andrelouis.com] On Behalf Of Onj
Sent: Monday, March 01, 2010 8:40 PM
To: talk2
Subject: Re: The Talk2 List Fw: [access] WFA User Protest

you're not head of a large blindy organisation, though.  And though I agree
with your standpoint, to a point, if I ask you, will you sign instead?  I'm
asking as someone who, unless Loadstone really decides to do something
useful, will have no GPS undder his platform.  You have Mobile Geo and you
are lucky for that, however it shall be a cold day in hell I switch to
Windows smart.  Especially with all the incredibly um, interesting? changes
they are trying to implement at this time.
So, ignoring that message, which to be fair the guy did have a point, he
wasn't saying it to individuals but to large organisations, please sign it.
I can't ask more than that really.

From: Stephen Clower <st...@steve-audio.net>
 on Monday, March 01, 2010 7:20 PM

> So... he wants more signatures, but the only way he feels he can get
> them is to insult everybody? I won't sign now simply because of the
> author's attitude, despite his good intentions.
>
> Steve
>
> On 3/1/2010 2:12 PM, Onj wrote:
>> I haven't seen a message on this list for months.  Why not let the
>> content of this message speak for itself?
>>
>> From: Neil Barnfather - TalkNav <ta...@talknav.com>
>> on Monday, March 01, 2010 6:02 PM
>>
>>> A quick note to all of you who have, and those who as of yet have not
>>> signed
>>> the WFA user protest site.
>>>
>>> Before I start my message the link right here and now is
>>> www.talknav.com/protest
>>>
>>> Firstly, a note to all of you who have signed, thank you, but I have
>>> to at
>>> this stage say that it is way too few who have made this effort. We are
>>> nearing 700, yet for Vodafone to take this seriously we need thousands.
>>>
>>> To date we've not even got close to even the number of users of the
>>> application signing, let alone additional support.
>>>
>>> Can I especially ask those of you who either work with or for the
>>> organizations that supposedly represent us as blind folk, yes you
>>> lot, those
>>> of you at the RNIB, CNIB, AFB, NFB, etc, etc, you lot really have
>>> made me
>>> rather upset and irritated.
>>>
>>> To date I've posted two messages via each of your web-sites informing
>>> you
>>> all of our protest, has any one of you got back to me to ask for more
>>> detail, have you mass mailed your members, have you lobbied in our
>>> favour,
>>> have you, no sir. Is this an outrage, is this a complete lack of
>>> competence
>>> when it comes to supporting those who you claim to represent? This
>>> individual thinks so. So if you represent, or have a contact at your
>>> local
>>> blind organization please forward this message, we, or certainly I,
>>> am very,
>>> very disappointed in you all.
>>>
>>> As for those private individuals who have not yet signed, even if you
>>> do not
>>> own Access or a Symbian phone, your name should be on this list, the
>>> list
>>> says something about who we are and what we stand for as blind folks,
>>> it
>>> says that we will not lay down and be ignored whilst our tools to
>>> freedom
>>> and mobility are stolen from us. It says we have a voice and we are
>>> prepared
>>> to use it when necessary.
>>>
>>> This protest is about more than just Wayfinder Access, it is a
>>> symbol, now
>>> please, I urge you all, we need this link spreading, we need it
>>> sharing,
>>> Face Book pages, Twitter, those of you who produce pod casts, mailing
> [...]

database 4906 (20100301) __________

http://www.eset.com

database 4906 (20100301) __________

http://www.eset.com