Lennard píše v Čt 21. 05. 2009 v 01:51 +0200:
> Radomir Cernoch wrote:
> >> Don't focus on the highway-in-city bit. Focus on the "$random_road_type
> >> with a different maxspeed bridges over (or tunnels under) a zone with
> >> another maxspeed" bit. You'll have two zone polygons overlaying each other.
> >
> > No, 'maxspeed' tag on a road does not imply a polygon with "zone"!
> > There can be both in one place. Tag 'maxspeed' on a road is dominant and
> > overrides any zonal restriction.
>
> And what if the crossing way in the above example is part of another
> zone? Don't say it can never happen. City planners are loopy.

Ok, if you don't allow me to say that this will never happen, can you
give me an example, where it could happen? I am really afraid we are
solving a purely theoretical problem.

We are seeking a situation, where two large areas with road networks
overlap each other on a map. All streets in one area must have a
different speed limit from streets in the second area. In such a
situation, using "maxspeed=*" tag on any street must be inappropriate.

> > However it's important to notice that two polygons can never overlap
> > (unless there is a futuristic city with zone-30 area flying in the air
> > above a 130 km/h highway).
>
> Oh please, this is getting silly.

Sorry for the joke, which probably covered serious the message I was
trying to put across. See paragraphs above.

> > I know it's pain to work with them, but the solution is to learn JOSM to
> > split map into layers, not to adjust the data-model.
>
> Right. Even smarter editors. PS: There are more editors than JOSM.

Even if we abandoned the idea of "zone" polygons, adding layered editing
into OSM editors would be _very_ practical...

Best regards,
Radek Černoch