On Thu, 21 May 2009 03:13:06 +0300, Radomir Cernoch
<radomir.cern...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Lennard píše v Čt 21. 05. 2009 v 01:51 +0200:
>> Radomir Cernoch wrote:
>>> No, 'maxspeed' tag on a road does not imply a polygon with "zone"!
>>> There can be both in one place. Tag 'maxspeed' on a road is dominant
>>> and
>>> overrides any zonal restriction.
>>
>> And what if the crossing way in the above example is part of another
>> zone? Don't say it can never happen. City planners are loopy.
>
> Ok, if you don't allow me to say that this will never happen, can you
> give me an example, where it could happen? I am really afraid we are
> solving a purely theoretical problem.
>
> We are seeking a situation, where two large areas with road networks
> overlap each other on a map. All streets in one area must have a
> different speed limit from streets in the second area. In such a
> situation, using "maxspeed=*" tag on any street must be inappropriate.

http://openstreetmap.org/?lat=60.18933&lon=24.9642&zoom=18&layers=B000FTF
Sturenkatu is in 40 km/h zone, the zone continues over the bridge.
Teollisuuskatu is in 50 km/h zone that is signed with the city sign.

Both zones also include large amount of other roads. IIRC the 50 km/h zone
can be followed from that point many kilometers, and the 40 km/h zone
extends tens of roads. There also might be other overlaps between them, or
with other zones.

Regards
Teemu Koskinen