Title: Re: Delay when creating new message
Hello Lüko,

On Mon, 11 May 2020 18:51:15 +0200 GMT (11-May-20, 23:51 +0700 GMT),
Lüko Willms wrote:

While replying to an HTML message, quoting should be done by BLOCKQUOTE, not by TABLE https://bt.ritlabs.com/view.php?id=1217

Bugnore added to the second one.

  is that you, with the user name "tombkk"?

That is correct. Greetings from Bangkok.

  I can't see any relation to the issue reported in #1217.

I just used another angle that you, the user's view instead of the developer's.

  But from what you wrote there, I guess that your problem with delays creating a reply is the bad habit to copy the full correspondence with each single message which has ever been sent in this thread, unabridged with all the images etc.

  I consider this a very unpolite habit. Imagine you are sitting together in a conference, and each person, after delivering her or his contribution, repeats all those contributions which the others have made before, including all the grammatical errors and eh and ahm and what have you.

It does not matter what you think, you have an IT view and I am in the service industry. We have to quote the whole email thread and add our reply at the top. If someone starts to cut something out, you will immediately be accused of trying to hide something: "Why did you cut my instruction of 2 February?". Difference industries have different norms. You'll just have to believe me.

  One should only copy what is needed to understand which part of the received message one is replying to.

  Then you will have no delays before you can start writing.

I know it wouldn't cause a delay if I worked your way. However, the software is there to support the work and not the other way around. Besides, TB is the only MUA I know with this problem.

Coming back to your remark that this problem is not related to your bug, let's discuss this when the bug is fixed. I think the problem I am describing is a result of the bug.

Cheers,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt am Main
Germany

using: TheBat! 8.8.9.12 (BETA)
OS: Windows 7    (NT 6.1 Build 7601 - Service Pack 1)
CPU: AMD  amd athlon(tm) 64 x2 dual core processor 4200+
MEM: 4097 MB

This time, when I hit 'enter' in order to reply inline, your text is split, Yester, that was not the case and I was still within the box. I wonder why the editor behaves sometimes this way, sometimes another way.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Message reply created with The Bat! Version 9.1.18.2 (BETA) (64-bit)
under Windows 10.0 Build 18362
'Using TBBETA' information: