Title: Re: Delay when creating new message
Hello Lüko,

On Mon, 11 May 2020 11:25:06 +0200 GMT (11-May-20, 16:25 +0700 GMT),
Lüko Willms wrote:

> I do believe that there is something in the HTML code that
> caused the TB HTML editor to choke but I have not reported it because
> I cannot put my finger on it. Does not happen will all business
> partners' emails.

  Creating a HTML message is certainly slower than plain text. Especially with TheBat! not using proper quotes, but the Procrustean bed of creating nested HTML TABLEs (shudder — one of the reasons why I do not recomment TheBat to others).

I don't know enough about HTML to confirm about these nested tables, but it doesn't sound right and may well be the reason for the editor slowing down. It uses too much CPU time and RAM when the mails get longer.

It also makes sense that it gets better again when I reply with the plaintext editor once - the tables get deleted.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Message reply created with The Bat! Version 9.1.18.2 (BETA) (64-bit)
under Windows 10.0 Build 18362
'Using TBBETA' information: