Hello Mary,

Mary> I can't find this key in my registry. But surely it is there
Mary> since I have the file names in Options/Preferences/Protection. I
Mary> opened everything in the registry I could see under HKey/Current
Mary> User/Software/Rit/The Bat!. Didn't find that key. Strange.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\RIT\The Bat! is where it should be. There
are a ton of keys in there. I had to scroll down a bit to see it.

Mary> These are .jpg files, mostly. When I save them to Desktop, they
Mary> come up with a Gimp icon. (I have the Gimp program, but I don't
Mary> recall associating "Save to Desktop" with it. Probably did and
Mary> then forgot.)

The .jpg files are associated to GIMP, not the save to desktop.

Mary> So what if I emptied the fields for both Enable and Disable
Mary> under Protection? Would that be safe to do? I could save a copy
Mary> of them and put it back afterward.

You could empty them, just being cognizant of the fact that you'll
receive no warnings or disables if you try to double-click an
attachment.

--
Leif (TB list moderator and fellow end user).

Tagline of the day:
Save your pennies.  The dollars go to the I.R.S.

Using The Bat! 2.11.03 under Windows 2000 5.0
Build 2195 Service Pack 4 on a Pentium 4 2GHz with 512MB