Hello Rich!

On Friday, June 11, 2004, 10:31 AM, you wrote:

MB>>> I wasn't sure whether I should delete the .tmp files which were not
MB>>> The Bat! files, so I didn't.

CCing to tbot, since this has moved off topic. :)

P>> I periodically empty my "temp" folder(s). "temp" folders are just that
P>> for temporary use and anything left over from session to session are
P>> oversights, poor programming, non-graceful program termination, crashes,
P>> etc.  Now having said this, some dumb program/programmer will assume
P>> files in a "temp" folder are perpetual and sacrosanct.  :-(

rg> I once worked with a prima donna programmer who unilaterally decided
rg> that the TEMP folder would be a good place to put login script info
rg> that, if deleted, would have to be rebuilt on the next login. If you
rg> left it alone it was OK but rebuilding it caused login time to take
rg> forever. Naturally, lots of help desk calls about locked-up PCs in the
rg> morning were traced to this guy.

lol So, I looked at each .tmp file, just now, and one by one deleted
only those which show 0 bytes as their size. "To err is human, to err
on the side of caution could be a bacon-saver!" Thanks, Rich. :)

Mary

The Bat! 2.11.02 on Windows XP 5.1 2600 Service Pack 1