Hello Robin,

> On Fri 11 June 2004, 6:09:14 +1000, Mary Bull wrote:
>> I am going to study the Windows XP Home Help site and see if I can
>> find out how to locate the path for %TEMP%\bat\

> Open a command prompt window (Start ->  Run -> type in cmd and press
> enter) then at the command prompt type "set" (without quotes) and press
> enter. That will show you all the environment variables including TEMP.

It does indeed. This directory does seem to be given in the MS-DOSified
form, of having each folder name compacted below 9 letters per folder
or filename.  But it is still quite workable.

It appears I do have quite a few 0 KB bat temp files myself. A real
long list, all created in March. All hexadecimally numbered. I wonder
what they're counting?

 Adam