Hello Plan9!

On Friday, June 11, 2004, 8:16 AM, you wrote:

MB>> I wasn't sure whether I should delete the .tmp files which were not
MB>> The Bat! files, so I didn't.

P> I periodically empty my "temp" folder(s). "temp" folders are just that
P> for temporary use and anything left over from session to session are
P> oversights, poor programming, non-graceful program termination, crashes,
P> etc.  Now having said this, some dumb program/programmer will assume
P> files in a "temp" folder are perpetual and sacrosanct.  :-(

Maybe not. If I have a program that stupid on my machine, I don't need
it anyway! <g> And I don't believe any *dumb* programmers subscribe to
this list. :) But then, I'm in love with all my fellow subscribers,
and there's the old proverb "Love is Blind."

I'm going to empty the entire "temp" folder now and see what happens.
If you hear a loud scream, scoot over here quick and take me to the
emergency room. :)

Mary

The Bat! 2.11.02 on Windows XP 5.1 2600 Service Pack 1