Hello Mary,

MB> Last night I re-downloaded v. 2.11.02 and used the second download to
MB> re-install The Bat! That did not help. The icons still did not
MB> respond.

I tried that also. I'm running that new .3 beta, and the result is the
same.

MB> My cousin, who uses a Mac machine, had sent me 2 scans of old marriage
MB> certificates and 4 scans of old family photos as 6 separate
MB> attachments to 6 separate messages. She scanned them as .tif format
MB> and converted to .jpg before sending. Those attachments still will not
MB> open unless saved to Desktop and all attachments--whether MS Word
MB> Documents or jpeg images--I had received prior to her sending the 6
MB> attachments will also still not open.

I also have a Mac, but it makes no difference. I can't view /any/
attachment. Even worse, when I do receive an attachment, I have to
drag the message to another folder (also remote IMAP) before the
attachement gets the correct size. Usually it's about 128 bytes before
I move it and whatever its size is after I move it.

MB> But changing to the external viewer does not change the behavior of
MB> the non-responding icons. They just sit there and do nothing when
MB> double-clicked or requested to open. No dialogue window, nothing. So I
MB> put the setting back to internal viewer, which I prefer because I
MB> think that is safer.

Same here. I can only save.

MB> I should add for clarity, what I put in my original query: This all
MB> began while I was still using TB! v. 2.00.6. I downloaded v. 2.11.02
MB> hoping to cure the problem. That, of course, did not help, except that
MB> I can now see smileys at will. <g> Nor does reverting XP Home to an
MB> earlier restore point fix the non-responding icons.

I'm a new user. .2 was my first (about 5 weeks ago). Bought it a week
ago and installed the new beta.

MB> So that's all my latest info. What do you think?

That it's too hard to figure out how to do it. However, I chose the
bat because it uses plaintext /and/ has a graphical user interface. Or
else, I'd still be using mutt.

No attachments or mime, no virii. Never had that sort of trouble on
the Mac.

--
Regards, Charles.