> before a decision got made.  But in the better ones, a manager
> who constantly issued decisions that had to be repeatedly
> revised because of issues that had not been addressed before
> making the decision would not last long.

I average three meetings a day on projects I'm involved with (and my
boss on projects that any of us are invoved with), attending meetings
where requirements, features, and bugs are discussed. There is almost
nothing that appears without me having been in the discussion.
Tomorrow, for instance;

9-10,       Weekly Documentation Status Meeting
11-12,      OTM Weekly Status Meeting
1:30-2:30,  Multicast Weekly Program Meeting

However...when the decision finally comes down, I may have been aware
of it because of one of those meetings or it may not have. It may
also be different from what I was expecting based on those meetings.
That's fine. If I can do it, I just do it. Only if I can't do it do I
make it known.

And yes, with three meetings a day, sometimes something comes down
without a hint...not often, but it does, and I deal with it.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

"I think the problem, to be quite honest with you, is that you've never
actually known what the question is."

Author Help files and create printed documentation with Doc-To-Help.
New release adds Team Authoring Support, enhanced Web-based help
technology and PDF output. Learn more at www.doctohelp.com/tcp.

DITA West 2007--Use a discount code of "TECHCOMMPROS" to get a discount rate of
$200 off the $800 price if you register before close of business January 15,
2007. http://www.travelthepath.com/conf/dita2007.shtml