Tones,

your description of your hierarchy brought back to mind the PhD thesis work
I did on extending conventional data dictionaries to cater for knowledge
objects. I created a proof of concept using Hypercard, a precursor of TW,
using a data model similar to what you are describing. The data model is
[image: Screen Shot 2020-12-06 at 12.15.20 pm.png]

The dual associations between Entity Type and Allowed Relationship and
Entity and Relationship are to record the owner and member of a
relationship. The top three entities provide a model of the domain at a
conceptual level whilst instances are recorded in the bottom three
entities. Entries in the bottom three entities must conform to those
allowed, ie. those recorded in the top three entities. So, entities must be
of an allowed type. Relationships must be of an allowed type between
allowed entity types. Attributes must be of the allowed type for that
entity type.

You can read some articles about the Knowledge Dictionary on my
ResearchGate account (researchgate.net)

This discussion takes me back many years. Fascinating how things come round
again.

bobj