Documentation - I will explain the only realistic solution below but let me
start by saying what does NOT work (...if you're impatient you can jump
down to the headline "The solution").

There are two main routes that might seem reasonable great but are really
cul-de-saqs:

"The lonesome cowboy" whom well-intentioned attempts to write, create or
assemble comprehensive "how to use TW", "plugin collections" or
one-stop-shops to cover it all. This works for limited matters, such as an
intro for beginners or docs for some particular tw-application or "my own
plugins", but not for TW at large because it is too big and changes
continually. Heartfelt attempts have been made, in the TW community* for a
decade*, and they have all been lovely for a short while and soon
thereafter withered and failed.

"Manual community efforts"; The main attempt is/was probably tiddlywiki.
*org* <http://tiddlywiki.org>. There you have an actual wiki that anyone
can edit. I think it was either Daniel or Simon Baird who started it many
years ago and Tobias Beer gave it a substantial face-lift a few years ago.
Really wonderful attempts - but, still, it never took off. This is a strong
indication why something like a Mediawiki is NOT a good enough idea. The
exact *reason *for why it doesn't work is another matter.

tiddlywiki.com is a bit of a combo of the above; one lonesome cowboy taking
responsibility and with occasional help from fellow community members. The
result is by far the best we've got and IMO very impressive - but still, as
evidenced by this thread, it is not enough.

So... what CAN work?

Take a look at Erwans Community Search
<http://erwanm.github.io/tw-community-search/>. This is not intended for
aggregating documentation but for listing available plugins and finding
tiddlers with some specific characteristic - and only from TW's where their
authors have given approval for listing. The Community Aggregator says
(scroll down on default tid) it was updated "2nd December 2016 at 4:48 (15
hours ago)." ...which I guess would mean that non of the TW's it's fetching
from has been updated since August (tab Recent). This tool has assembled
10.000+ tiddlers and keeps on making sure they're updated - and here comes
my main point in bringing this up in our discussion: It would be impossible
to manually do the job that Erwans tool is doing. It demands automation.

If we want documentation that is comprehensive and up to date, this is
impossible by such very manual means. Even Wikipedia, with it's *many
*contributors
is not without errors and stumps. And while docs for TW is a much smaller
project, it still relies on those knowledgeable enough to write the docs
(technically and linguistically) so this means we're down to... well, not
many people.

*The solution*... IMO ;-)

...is what we've already taken the first steps with, namely: TWederation /
Federation / Linked TW's, whatever you want to call it. This could be an
infrastructure where you "aggregate" documentation from other TW's, on
topics that concern you, and very easily add your own public notes to -
even just comments, ratings or other meta data. This can then, in turn, be
fetched by others. And you could have the fetched documentation
automatically filtered such as by prioritizing certain authors, or
later/more updated posts, or even if the post was authored in a TW with the
same version number as yours. Even super small contributions like *tagging *a
post, for your own benefit, will be of value for others and there could be
a global directory of tags (topics).

Actually, on an individual level it is not even necessary with a
comprehensive documentation. The only important topics are the ones you
care about. So you only fetch those, (perhaps by filtering on tags). And,
because this particular documentation will more likely be shared with
like-minded individuals, there should be more specialization of particular
areas of knowledge, which I believe is a more encouraging context to share
notes/docs in.

BTW, we can probably even design it so that you can add to the
documentation by asking questions in it!

I could go on and on about TWederation because I really think it is the
most realistic way that we can solve this ongoing difficulty with
documentation (...and much more). I hope to get back working on it soon but
the basic bricks are already in place and anyone is welcome to join in.
Development of it is not easy, yet, because this is uncharted territory.

<:-)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/e46c8792-3e0e-452d-b8c1-e803a72bac38%40googlegroups.com.