David

That is a really excellent, detailed, and IMO, very accurate, balanced,
description of the situation.

You penultimate paragraph is absolutely spot on IMO. Very often, as a naive
user, I follow the docs only to find out I missed something that is some
kinda semi-documented something--but where the range of its application is
very context dependent and where there seem to be no exact rules. Life is
too short to test the 62 variants to find out what the rule actually is!

Best wishes
Josiah

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/62053d1d-d0b4-47f6-bf05-8dbd497d0477%40googlegroups.com.