I want to put my voice in here. The capabilities of the NodeJS
--server are totally underestimated. While you guys worry about single
tiddlywikis and huge tiddlywikis and all kinds of browser plugin
problems, I've been typing http://localhost:3000/ into my browser and
it works no matter what. Most of you don't store your files on Dropbox
or anywhere else that syncs and so you would have no problem carting
around a folder. Furthermore, many of those files can be combined into
one file. Literally one file for each file in the system tab of
TiddlyWiki, plus a few extra.

The reason no one knows about this is that it is hardly documented.
And yet, many of the scenarios that people ask for could be solved
beautifully using the server version. Inherited wikis, different
plugins on different wikis, etc. I'm not there yet, but it is possible
to host an unlimited number of wikis on the server. Until that
happens, however, it is not hard to use express to load ten
tiddlywikis on ten different folders (http://myexample.com/wiki1,
/wiki2, etc). And those tiddlywikis can inherit from each other.

That being said, I currently use single file TiddlyWikis that I have
stored on dropbox, and then modify them using
http://tiny.cc/tw5inthesky which uploads the file using the Dropbox
API.

My 2 cents,
-Arlen