Mark,

Sorry, but it is hard to explain what I want without reference to how to
accomplish it when there are a lot of terms I am still becomming familular
with.

Of course I did ask at the top of the post "Edit fields in Current Tiddler"

I have published a version of my work at https://tiddlywiki.psat.com.au use
the table of contents to select applications and "application template"
tiddlers. The Bottom of which "application template" has some attempts to
use editnsave. Your replys suggest you do know what I need and Edit and
save may be the answer. I would like edit and save to reference fields in
the Application templaye (or its copies) and allow sub tiddlers (in tabs)
to use it as well. All  Most tiddlers are tagged "Object Dev".

The Site itself is DRAFT only

I have actualy spent more time building the demo than reinvestigating the
editnsave issue. But I have published to make it visible.

I will look into it further after I get some real work done :)

Regards
Tony

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/74001a0a-f4a4-40cc-a9a2-e759156ad5c6%40googlegroups.com.