Thanks Thomas,

It looks like I will need to use such a method but I need the constant(s) to be
set from a value in an existing tiddler and maintained for that tiddler so some
part of a tiddlers name will need to be in the path name to your suggested
variable tiddler, then all tiddlers who would access that variable tiddler must
know the same tiddler name.

I hope I make sense.

I am trying to avoid hard coded references so when a tiddler is copied or
cloned it will behave the same in it's new name and inherit similar but a
different set of values.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Tony m

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/f53fa784-b2b5-4dca-9a77-296e6a4e8f05%40googlegroups.com.