markbrauer wrote:
> So, I still think that somewhere in the process of firmware and EDO
> installs, uninstalls, and reinstalls, the "bit" that controls the 5 volt
> power on was switched to "off". If this is the case, a powered hub would
> likely "fix" the problem.

You could prove this with a voltmeter or even just a hub.. (powered or
otherwise). If a hub works at all, there's power on the bus.

The trick is to remember the sequence of things you tried that resulted
in the thing you did that fixed it... (The devil is in the *metadata*..)

Can't you just switch to the optical or coax out in the meantime?

-Transcoded from Matt's brain by Tapatalk-

--
Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with
Debian+LMS 7.9.0