On Thu, 17 Oct 2002 11:40:59 -0400 "David Miller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Gary wrote:
>>..Isaiah didn't present 64:6 from Finney's
>>perspective, or from Wesley's,
or from your's
>>David
--it's foreign to you; and, you still haven't
>>dealt with it

DavidM:
--
interestingly, Isaiah doesn't preach this passage the way you do, David--he isn't clutching apriori to perfectionism for himself alone; he actually includes himself as a sinner among sinners in the audience

notice the plural pronouns from 64:5,6,7 below, e.g.:

"..we continued to sin against them, you were angry. How then can we be saved?
All of us have become like one who is unclean.."

by contrast, denying responsiblity for personal sin while you rail against the hypocrisy of others, you radically exclude/differentiate yourself from the entire audience, thereby separating yourself from the/ir sinful plight

As I was saying, quite accurately, Isaiah is foreign to you  g

for ref (italics g's):

Is 64:
5  You come to the help of those who gladly do right, who remember your ways. But when we continued to sin against them, you were angry. How then can we be saved?
6  All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away.
7  No one calls on your name or strives to lay hold of you; for you have hidden your face from us and made us waste away because of our sins.