In a message dated 10/17/2002 8:23:33 PM Central Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

You have obviously never heard me preach.  You are imagining what you think
I must be preaching.  Don't you understand that I have worked with sinners
of all kinds, from the homosexual with aids, to adulterers, to murderers and
thieves, and drug addicts, and drunks, and child abusers, and men who have
committed incest... you name it.  The hundreds of sinners I have ministered
to this way would not want to get within 10 feet of me if your
characterization of me was accurate.  I do not hold myself above them, for
except for God's grace, I would be in the mud pit right beside them.

What happens when one of these "hard sinners" is saved.  Is he immediately perfect?  Perfect in the sense that he never sins again.  I know we are made perfect in Christ throught the redemption etc. BUT I  have a problem understanding how a person can never sin again.  I am not talking about continuing in sin.  Let me use this as an example.   A man is a drug addict and living on the streets.  You come along as a street preacher or whatever and he gets saved.  He is delivered from his addiction.  Someone has to disciple him and you refer him to a church or group to do this.  Is he immediately going to stop swearing and clean up his life.  Of course not.  It takes time and love and growth.    Maybe I just have never come across the kind of salvation that makes a person immediately perfect and without sin.  Laura