David Miller  wrote:
When I teach holiness,
it is not connected with salvation, but invariably, those who emphasize
grace think that I tie it to salvation through implication.

I do teach that anyone who believes in Jesus needs to receive Jesus as
Lord
of their life.  I don't say that people are damned if they have never
done
that.  Some people might depart from this life without having a chance
for
Jesus to be their Lord, yet hearing of the grace and mercy of God, they
might receive saving grace.  But anyone living who is called to
salvation,
they need to accept Jesus as Lord of their life.  In my perspective, it
is
not an option.

Hi David Miller,

I have a hard time with understanding all this.  It seems that we are
taught that "all you have to do is believe that Jesus is Savior, and
accept Him, and you get a free ticket to heaven...nothing else matters.
You can be as sinful as you want to and still get into heaven."

This seems ridiculous to me! If having "faith" in Jesus just means
believing that He is the son of God the Father--even demons believe
this, and they tremble! So what does "saving faith" mean??? Obviously
not just that.

It seems that really "believing" or "having faith in Jesus" means more
than just head knowledge, but must have an effect upon US in how we
behave, as well as how we believe.  "Faith without works (righteous
behavior) is dead!"

It seems that "faith" and "works" are as inseparable as our body and
spirit. If our body exists without our spirit, we are dead. If our
spirit exists without our body we are dead. Just the same way, if our
works exist without our faith in Christ, we are dead. And if our faith
in Christ exists without our works, we are dead.

Does that make sense so far?

If so, then why are our "works" and our "salvation" not related?
Obviously we must depend upon the sacrifice of Christ on the cross to
atone for our sins. That was the whole reason for His incarnation. But
at what point does our sin get so grievous that His sacrifice no longer
atones for it? Ever? At what point does the fact of our sin point out
that we really DO NOT believe in Him?

That's where it gets muddy for me. How can anyone walk in continual,
grievous sin and still be destined for heaven, regardless of the atoning
blood of Christ? Doesn't their sinful life show that Jesus is not their
Lord, and therefore they have no faith in Him? They just "talk the talk,
but don't walk the walk." Didn't Jesus make it clear that hypocrites
will not enter the Kingdom? Can you shed any light on this?

Izzy