DAVIDM said in reference to PERRY's comments
"I'm not sure exactly what you just said"

Here is a HINT:  Perry said: WOW! I just read DaveH's response below again, and realized that I have been overlooking his goal! He states his real goal in the first
sentence: "I am not in TT to learn truth".

David Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Perry wrote:
> WOW! I just read DaveH's response below again, and realized
> that I have been overlooking his goal! He states his real
> goal in the first sentence: "I am not in TT to learn truth".
> Perhaps that is why he has learned nothing about what
> protestants believe. The dilemma is solved. He is being
> genuine by not learning what protestants believe, so that
> he can continue to not learn truth. Very slick, indeed,
> DaveH! I undersestimated you.

I'm not sure exactly what you just said, but let me make a few comments.

First, one can approach learning truth in the sense of having a desire
to understand it and then embrace it. Many of you seem to have this
mindset as a reason for being on TruthTalk.

There is another legitimate reason to be on TruthTalk, and that is to
see how those outside your faith react to certain questions. The
purpose here is more scholastic, not desiring to embrace the views held
by the others here, but seeking to gain an understanding of them. This
is the reason that DaveH is here. He was brought up Mormon all his
life, and he wants to see what Protestants themselves believe. He does
not want to rely upon his church to accurately represent them.

Therefore, DaveH is not here because he is searching to understand and
embrace what Protestants here understand and embrace. He is perfectly
comfortable with his religion. He is here because he is curious to know
why Protestants believe as they do and act as they do. Maybe you should
think of him like a sociologist or anthropologist studying an Indian
tribe and their religious beliefs. :-)

Now with regard to the Trinity question, I would hope you recognize that
DaveH did not get only one answer to this question. He got a lot of
answers, including me saying that using the term "Trinity" probably is
not very important. The word "Trinity" means different things to
different people. Interestingly, when I offered a sound historical
definition of the belief, at least one Mormon, Jeff, agreed with it as
his belief of the Godhead.

If someone like DaveH says he still does not understand why Protestants
believe in the Trinity, I think the best response is to try and explain
it to him one step at a time rather than railing at him about how he
just does not want to understand. It takes a little more work and
effort to do it this way, and patience too, but in the long run it is
the more profitable path.

Peace be with you.
David Miller, Beverly Hills, Florida.

Do you Yahoo!?