In a message dated 3/11/2004 8:58:05 AM Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Are you saying that 'we become a part of God' as in God is the
ocean and we are one drop

We have received the same glory that was given to Christ for the purpose of becoming one  with each other and with Him.   "I in them and thou in me  "   .
(John 17:22-23  NASV).

John:
judyt:  there is absolutely nothing new age about me, including my
clothing.  In my post I referred to Spirit indwelling.   That is how it
happens, of course.  John

jt: The spirit sealing and indwelling to lead us into all
truth does not make us become "a part of God", he is
still him and we are still us, hopefully a sanctified and
purified us - before Jesus' return. The bride and the
bridegroom are not the same thing.

Maybe this is what is wrong with using "person" when referencing God.   I don't know.  I am certainly, however, that John 17:21 makes it clear that we have a shared existence with the Godhead.  I Cor 2:11 ff plainly teach that an understanding of the mind of God is not possible apart from possession of His Spirit.   For us, God is not over there and we are over here.

John