DAVEH:  Note to all who posted regarding this matter.......I will respond to all three in this post to avoid over posting today.  (I think I exceeded my 8 post limit in the past few days!)

Kevin Deegan wrote:
It is also a way to lead people into your way of thinking without revealing or disclosing your beliefs until they are relocated to the new position. It seems a little sneaky.
DAVEH:  Do you think I am sneaky in this respect, Kevin?  I believe I endeavor to answer serious questions that are asked of me IF I have a reasonable answer or opinion.  I must admit that there are many that go unanswered simply because the quantity is overwhelming at times.  Sometimes I hesitate responding because it is obvious that the questionnaire is seeking to set me up for an easy knock-down.....but, that doesn't worry me much as I've been knocked down so much I kinda feel comfortable down there now.  And of course, it gives my bloodied nose a chance to heal when I'm prostrate!   <VBG>

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

It's easier to ask a question to get the other guy to make a
statement. Once he's made a statement, he can be made to feel as if he
needs to defend it as is against all attacks. In other words, it's easier
to make the other guy take a chance and stick his neck out, then attack
him. After he has been slapped around, it's easy to imply that, because
he appears to have "lost," the other guy's argument MUST be correct.
DAVEH:  You have a good point, Vincent.  I think many people do use that technique.....perhaps even in TT.

    I would like to think I do not stoop to such tactics, but perhaps the beam in my eye prevents me from seeing my failings.  Would any TTers care to comment on how much slapping around I do in TT?

vincent j. fulton

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 11:07:28 -0800 (PST) Kevin Deegan