On Aug 9, 3:19 am, chinaski007 <chinaski...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My point was that my browsing of the tweetstreams of the Twitter
> engineers I am familiar with, ops and otherwise, reveals another
> normal weekend, with all the loveliness that the Bay Area has to
> offer... and while there may be a bunch of Keebler elves drinking
> coffee and working hard, I don't see much evidence of that from my
> sampling.  Do you?

If you mean sampling of their tweets, I don't follow any of them. If
you mean sampling of the current API behavior, I have to admit I've
been extremely lucky. I haven't really seen any issues since Thursday
other than inability to initiate new sessions via OAuth - and everyone
who uses my app already has a live session open, so as long as they
don't hit the sign out button they should be fine. I'll say that I'm
damn glad I didn't send out a bunch of beta invites Wednesday night as
I was on the verge of doing, but instead decided to wait until
Thursday morning. Now I'm waiting 'til Monday, or until things are
back online, whichever comes later.

I guess I'd actually have to say that yes, I have seen evidence of
their work, though, in that the service has managed to make some
considerable comebacks while the DDoS intensity has increased (or so
we're told). Does that mean they're huddled around glowing monitors
right this minute? No, it doesn't, and I don't think we've seen
significant improvement since things largely came back on Friday. But
honestly, I don't know what they can do in short order (mostly because
I'm just a simple software engineer with a background in Unix systems
administration, not a network guy).