Actually, what he's saying is that it's not always possible to have
public, concrete, and well-defined rules that work.

You clearly think that it's possible in this case.

So, let's be positive.

Let's see a set of rules that meets those criteria.  They have to be
concrete, well-defined, and presumably relatively fixed and easy-
enough to implement relatively efficiently.  They have to actually
address the abuse problems.  And they have to do all that while being
public, that is, known to potential abusers.