Ed, I'm not sure what you mean by: "You need to get *all* your users to
*explicitly* authorize the application's *exact* usage of their data!"

Of course! that is exactly what we are saying and I'm not sure if you're
really saying you shouldn't get the user's authorization as that doesn't
make sense.

I don't expect everyone to be able to use User Streams or Site Streams, but
that is why the REST API exists.

--
Ryan Sarver
@rsarver <http://twitter.com/rsarver>