Thanks Taylor. So just to clarify, the 350 requests is per user
account, not per server/ip address? We are creating a web application
(not a desktop/mobile client) that will need to query account multiple
times per hour. If the rate limits are per user account then we have
no problem. If the rate limits are per server or ip address, and we
even have a few dozen users then we would quickly be over the rate
limit. Happy to use the REST API if that will work, though as we scale
it likely means we will send many tens and then hundreds of thousands
of requests per hour. The use case is that we are allowing people to
backup their tweets (and other data types) and search them. Ultimately
we will want to use site streams because we will waste a lot of
processing power polling, but as long as the rate limits are per user
account we are fine for now.

Regards,
Hank

blog: whydoeseverythingsuck.com