I must disagree with the issue not being serious, it makes posting files
through HTTP practicable unusable. With so many services making use of http
upload, how can you say that? take image uploaders, twitter, facebook,
practically any online service where you can upload files to.

My case here: Imgur desktop uploader app: say you want to upload 20
pictures in a batch to your account, each being 3MB average, at 25+ seconds
each that's almost 9 minutes, whereas it should normally take a couple
minutes. Or you want to upload a 5mb file to share quickly, ics = 41
seconds, others = 10 seconds. Beats the purpose of using the app then.

"your ICS implementation runs slower than some other applications"

hmm maybe I wasn't very clear in my description of the issue. It's not
about other applications. My app just switching to any other tcp/ip library
"fixes" the issue, please check the logs and analysis from my previous post.

FTP is not a suitable option for any web service of that kind.

The buffer size does not seem to be the problem since changing that to 64KB
made no difference, so I'm thinking the problem lies in how the
non-blocking nature of ICS was implemented.

I know ICS is made for free by volunteers, I'm not expecting/demanding a
fix, but I think this is an issue that we could look into to try to find a
solution/find the core problem together. I've been using ICS for like 12-14
years now, love it and grew fond of it, so even though I can easily use
other libraries I thought I should bring this up for open discussion on the
matter.