Richard Brown wrote:
I wrote a system sometime ago to do this.  I used Wyse 50 or 60  terminals.
They have duel bi-directional serial ports.  The user would logon to UV and
go into the application.  The app would swap ports & the user would logon to
the Call center software.  When a call was received, the call center app
would change the terminal to transparent mode, send the customer nbr ,order
nbr, or phone number to the UV app, then swap ports back to UV.  After the
UV app finished it would do the same process to send the status back to the
Call center app.  It took minor mods to the Call center app and minor mods
to the UV app.

This may work on a PC with duel ports if you have a terminal emulator that
will handle it.

Our call center is running on network attached thin-clients, so serial isn't an option. Thanks for the suggestion though.

-John
--
John Hester
System & Network Administrator