In short, Peoplesoft is using mv technology because RDBMS isn't good at everything. It's a 'best of breed' approach, like the one David Jordon is promoting to IBM - where you use MV for agility and RDMBS for the more traditional parts.

    - Charles Barouch
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Phil Walker wrote:
Message

No.

Peoplesoft used Informatica to import/export and move data around within their product suite, now they use DataStage, NOT Universe. The data is stored in Oracle or other RDBMS – DataStage with its underlying engine based on UniVerse of 1-2 years ago processes the data and that is all.

Phil

Phil Walker

+64 21 336294

[EMAIL PROTECTED]