From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of David T. Meeks
Sent: Friday, 30 January 2004 1:55 AM
To: U2 Users Discussion List
Subject: RE: [ot] Peoplesoft migrates to Ascential

Ascential is basically VMark/Ardent.  Almost all of the engineering, sales, support
staff that were responsible for Universe up until UV Rel 9.6 work for
Ascential (myself and Glenn being two you've come to know over the years)

When the split occurred, IBM retained the rights to sell/develop the UniVerse
product, as well as the former UniData engineers who were trained on the
internals of UnIverse.  They now are responsible for UV releases, with UV Rel 10
being the first release to come from there.

Ascential also kept the rights to the source code.  Internal to the DataStage
product set (specifically what is known as DataStage Server, not to be confused
with DataStage PX, TX, or 390) is the UniVerse engine, re-branded the
DataStage Engine.  It is only available as part of the DS Server package.

So no, Ascential is not a Universe customer.  However, IBM is an Ascential
customer and reseller.  They resell the DataStage product suite.

It does increase the footprint of enterprises around the world that have one
of those MV engines running at their site, though.

Dave