Michael,

1) You are right - you MIGHT need JavaScript skills if you want to do anything
"special". If you copy/paste modify the following

        VRE.doAction("CallU2");

substituting your own "action" as appropriate, you have mastered all the jScript you
need ! Hopefully you would agree that this is not too taxing ?! Beyond this,
JavaScript skills really are "optional extras"

2) All you have to do is ask for a price :-) There are a number of "options"
available, ranging from straight "per seat" models, through portal licensing (similar
to a Redback WebShare - no seat caps set) right through to enterprise licences (which
is "appealing" to larger VARs like Reynolds & Reynolds).

We have also "entertained" (stolen?) some other licensing variants for VARs (like the
Uniface "% of sale" model, even the "rent for life" model). We like to discuss needs
with potential VARs and users - and licensing is only one aspect of the "real cost" of
adoption with ANY product.

If you are serious about moving your applications into the 21st Century, Visage is the
most complete, feature rich product you will find, and if you operate on multiple
platforms then  you will appreciate innovations like "snippet technology", which is
part of our overall drive to code reduction.

Give the guys at American Computer Technics a call for the full story, and to discuss
how we can help you achieve you goals!

3) We have offered a Viságe test drive facility for around 3 years now so that you can
"play" with the product. Give the guys @ ACTi a call for your test drive CD.

The test drive allows us to monitor what you are doing, and provide remote assistance
- we've even used it to give Board presentations 1/2 way around the world.

Once you graduate from the "public sandbox", if you still aren't 'sold' you can have
your own private area set up, loaded with your data OR you can get an eval loaded onto
your own systems.

Once more, our emphasis is on helping people to get the most out of Visage

BTW, we are SO CONFIDENT in Viságe that we also offer a 110% money back guarantee ! So
you REALLY CAN NOT LOOSE !

4) Refer to 2. Certainly one of the options available is the "per seat" licence model,
but perhaps the Portal is more appropriate for your needs ?

BTW, don't forget that even with the "per seat" models you can still be streets in
front when you factor in the savings of Database seat costs for new sites, OR the
ability to support higher user populations with existing sites

If you were impressed with the movies, they only tell part of the story!

The reason why Viságe LOOKED like an impressive product is because Viságe IS an
impressive product - and EVERYTHING is there in a single, unified product offering :
Full GUI screen designer with Drag'n'Drop dictionary integration, full use of existing
file structures & application logic (with REAL record locking so Viságe applications
can co-exist with your existing green screen applications), active dictionaries & code
reduction technologies, WYSIWYG printed form & report designer - Viságe even offers a
Data Warehouse/ Business Intelligence facility that puts dedicated, single purpose
products to shame !

Michael, I don't recall if you actually activated your test drive account back in
2002, but if you contact ACTi for a new one, you will see that we haven't been idle :-)

Ross Ferris
Stamina Software
Visage - an Evolution in Software Development

---