Joe,
Have you checked the file sizes? Have you checked the index parameters? I'll make you a bet. You bring me in for a week (i'll probably need most of that week to prove my results, the fixes will take less than a day) and I bet you we can make a meaningful improvement in your response time. Just because UV doesn't require an Admin full time doesn't mean it won't benefit from occasional tune ups.

--
    Sincerely,
         Charles "Give me a Week and I'll take down your Wait" Barouch

Joe Eugene wrote:

Charles,

Our Customer Information is stored in UV and accessed via PICK.
This FILE (as UV ppl call it) contains around 500,000 Records in it.
Everything is INDEXED Per UV Standards.

Here is simple WILD CARD Search Test.

RESULTS

Machine: 950 MHZ Athlon
Database: MSSQL SERVER 2K
Records: 20 Million
Indexes: NO
Search Time: 2 Seconds

----------------------

Machine: QUAD Processor Box (4 GHZ)
Database: MSSQL SERVER 2K
Records: 500,000
Indexes: YES
Search Time: 15 - 20 Seconds

I had to Increase the Time out on application servers to support MR.SLOW
UV!

How do you think I am supposed to believe UV Performs Well.

Thanks,
Joe Eugene