From: Asanka Gunasekara <asa...@nimbus.lk>
Date: Tuesday, 8 August 2017 at 09:27
To: "users@cloudstack.apache.org" <users@cloudstack.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Secondary storage is not secondary properly

I am sorry Eric, thank you for replying, please see below for the rest results

* Make sure that it's accessible from the *storage* network (the network that
you configured as storage when you created the zone, assuming you selected
advanced networking).
Asanka > Since this is a test environemt I have just made it all in one subnet
(is that the issue)

* Is the secondary storage virtual machine up and running? Check your
Infrastructure tab.
Asanka > Yes both system VMs are up and running

* If the secondary storage virtual machine is up and running, open its console
and log in as root / password. Then check 'ip addr list' to make sure that it
has IP addresses.
Asanka > Yes it IP are assigned

* If it has IP addresses, try pinging your secondary storage NFS server (still
within the SSVM).
Asanka > I can ping secondary storage

* If you can ping your secondary storage NFS server, try mounting the NFS share
at some random place in your filesystem to make sure you can mount it from the
SSVM. e.g., 'mkdir /tmp/t; mount myserver:/export/secstorage /tmp/t'
Asanka > I can mount the secondary storage as below

[nline images 1]

dag.sonst...@shapeblue.com

On 8 August 2017 at 12:54, Eric Green
<eric.lee.gr...@gmail.com<mailto:eric.lee.gr...@gmail.com>> wrote:

> On Aug 7, 2017, at 23:44, Asanka Gunasekara
> <asa...@nimbus.lk<mailto:asa...@nimbus.lk>> wrote:
> NFS is running on a different server, I can manual mount this share as NFS
> and SMB
> Cloud stack - 4.9
> Os is Centos 7 (64)

* Make sure that it's accessible from the *storage* network (the network that
you configured as storage when you created the zone, assuming you selected
advanced networking).
* Is the secondary storage virtual machine up and running? Check your
Infrastructure tab.
* If the secondary storage virtual machine is up and running, open its console
and log in as root / password. Then check 'ip addr list' to make sure that it
has IP addresses.
* If it has IP addresses, try pinging your secondary storage NFS server (still
within the SSVM).
* If you can ping your secondary storage NFS server, try mounting the NFS share
at some random place in your filesystem to make sure you can mount it from the
SSVM. e.g., 'mkdir /tmp/t; mount myserver:/export/secstorage /tmp/t'
* Make sure you're using the NFS server's *storage* network IP address when you
make this attempt.

It is possible that your NFS server has a firewall configured? But from my
experiments, the secondary storage VM not providing secondary storage usually
is a networking problem, things not set up properly in your zone's networking
so that the secondary storage VM can't reach the secondary storage. Are you
using advanced networking, or basic networking?