Hi :)
I generally double-click on a picture to open it and then double-click on that
to "full-screen it".  If it's larger than the screen the picture gets reduced
in size to fit.  If i have a lot of pics to look through then instead of
"Full-screening it" i go to the menus and choose

View - Slideshow

and use the keyboard arrows to flick through or just let it run