On Sun, Jun 16, 2013 at 5:25 PM, lee <l...@yun.yagibdah.de> wrote:
> Where would I find a working computer which I could use and which has
> the same or at least a compatible hardware RAID controller to connect
> the drives to?

In this situation I'd be much more concerned about all the data I lost
since my last backup and I would be extremely annoyed that several
perfectly good drives are now paperweights.  I wouldn't much care what
exactly caused the machine to fail.  ;-)

But really, this is an edge case.  Most people have some means of
plugging their disks into another machine for forensic purposes, so
this is useful to many.

-T.C.