On Thu, 10 Aug 2017, Rory O'Farrell wrote:

On Thu, 10 Aug 2017 07:08:16 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
Robert Funnell <robert.funn...@mcgill.ca> wrote:

To me the value of RevealCodes in WordPerfect was not just in seeing
the structure but in therefore being able to position the cursor
before or after (or inside or outside of) a particular style. This
would be just as useful in OO and LO.

If one turns on /Format /Styles and Formatting, it clearly indicates the
current formatting style at the cursor position.

/View /Non printing characters is helpful in showing spacing and paragraph/line
ends.

As far as I can tell, neither of these things helps what I'm referring to. As an example: let's say you apply the Emphasis character style to a sequence of characters, and then later want to add some following characters that don't have that style. If you just position your cursor after the last styled character, the text you add will also be styled. You need to position your cursor after the first _unstyled_ character that follows, insert your new text, and then back up and delete that first unstyled (and now unwanted) character. With RevealCodes turned on in WordPerfect, you would just position your cursor after the end-of-style indicator and start entering unstyled text.

- Robert