Hello,
I have just been reading about the Open Office Suite, it sounds exciting.  I am
so tired of the outdated MS Office I am working with...my Word program is
constantly crashing on me and trying to recover my documents and work.  I did
not get a MS version of SW but all the dubbed copies of Office from Dell
Computers when I bought my system in 2002.

My question is...can I uninstall the MS Office components to use your Suite,
without loosing any of "MY Documents"???

I also have a load of original photography on my HD's and digitized versions
that I have created in Photoshop.  How does all this work together?  I can't
afford to lose any of my "creative writing" ex: poems, novels, screenplays or
graphics & photography files, even if your SW is FREE.
Barbara Rodney
Portland, OR
503-327-4797