Albert L. Rodney wrote:
Hello,
I have just been reading about the Open Office Suite, it sounds exciting.  I am
so tired of the outdated MS Office I am working with...my Word program is
constantly crashing on me and trying to recover my documents and work.  I did
not get a MS version of SW but all the dubbed copies of Office from Dell
Computers when I bought my system in 2002.

My question is...can I uninstall the MS Office components to use your Suite, without
loosing any of "MY Documents"???

I also have a load of original photography on my HD's and digitized versions that I have
created in Photoshop.  How does all this work together?  I can't afford to lose any of my
"creative writing" ex: poems, novels, screenplays or graphics & photography
files, even if your SW is FREE.

You do not have to uninstall Microsoft Office, if you don't want to. You can have it and OpenOffice installed on the same computer. You shouldn't lose any of your documents by installing or removing applications. However, as always, it's a good idea to back up your documents.