The following discussion was started by Matt Hogstrom (one of our mentors) on
the vcl-private list (list for PPMC members) about the possibility of VCL
graduating to a top level project.  We decided the discussion should really
take place on this list instead.  I've somewhat reformatted it to have it all
included and a little easier to read.  In the thread, there is reference to a
previous discussion that took place on the vcl-private list (that could have
been moved to this list as well) about removing people from the initial
committers list that had not contributed any code or documentation.

Josh