On Sep 4, 2011, at 7:55 PM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

> On Sep 4, 2011, at 7:07 AM, Kevan Miller wrote:
>> It's been a while since we've had a graduation discussion.
>> I've seen good progress in the community. Would be interested in hearing the
>> thoughts of others. Do we feel the community is ready for graduation? Or is
>> additional work required? If there are requirements to be met, what is being
>> done to address these requirements? "incubation" is not a permanent process.
>> If we're lacking aspects required for graduation and not making progressing
>> on addressing these issues, we need to consider the alternative of ending
>> the graduation process…
> I think that the community activity on this group is pretty good.  I wish
> there were some diversity.  This project has most of it's members being NCSU
> employees and I'l worried that if NCSU "pulled the plug" on their efforts the
> project would not survive.
> As it stands the project would not have my support for graduation.   I'm not
> intransigent on this and am willing to discuss other viewpoints, if there are
> any.

Thanks Alan. I think we're largely in agreement. I've been encouraged by the
level of activity and discussions within the community.

I share the diversity concern (it's my only concern, at the moment). Like you,
I'd be reluctant to support graduation without some growth and additional
participation in the community. Unfortunately, we've been in this state for a
while and I'm worried that it isn't going to change anytime soon...