On 2010.06.21, at 21:07, Aaron Peeler wrote:

> On 6/21/10 1:32 PM, David Abdurachmanov wrote:
>> I have it partially running (feels good). I have a base image created and
>> it's moved to managed node. Everything is grouped correctly with the right
>> permissions and it already allows to load image to virtual machine. The
>> problem I am having now is that setup of private network (VMWare Host-Only)
>> is not working. Virtual machine gets IP from DHCP exactly as it should, but
>> host computer is not reachable from virtual machine and virtual machine is
>> not reachable from host computer. I have a key generated on public network
>> and VCLD can not connect via SSH because of host is unknown after loading on
>> virtual machine. I am gonna try fixing networks setup in a few days.
>>
> Make sure the hostname of the vm can be resolved at the cmd line. Also check
> to make sure the hostname of the virtual machine is listed in the /etc/hosts
> file on the management node.

The IP can be resolved, and hosts file is exactly as mentioned in tutorial, but
still you can not communicate between localvmhost and vm-guest1. I always get
message that it's unreachable, it's like they would be on different networks. I
was suggested to reconfigure network and using subnet 255.255.255.0 instead of
255.255.0.0. There might be problems with VMWare using different subnet. I will
write in few days how it went.