Riny Qian wrote:
> All,
>
> Currently we propose "Alt+h" or "Alt+SysRq" for switching to the system
> console, and "Alt+F#" for switching to virtual consoles, because the
> system console is special. And we also want to keep a little
> compatibility with older Solaris with virtual console feature.
>
> Someone may think that "Alt+h" or "Alt+SysRq" is unnecessarily
> inconsistent with the other virtual consoles, and think it should be
> "Alt + F1" for switching to the system console.

I think Alt + F1 should go to the first VT.  Wither VT1 is the
system console or not depends on the consadm(1M) configuration, right?

I don't see any reason to be incompatible with other
systems that have the same functionality.

I also don't think we should use Alt+h or Alt+SysRq.  If I
remember correctly Alt+SysRq is/was used on Linux for some
other functionality.  Alt+h just seems to generic and more like
an application specific key combination.

--
Darren J Moffat