Darren J Moffat wrote:
> Riny Qian wrote:
>
>>Darren J Moffat wrote:

>>>I think Alt + F1 should go to the first VT.  Wither VT1 is the
>>>system console or not depends on the consadm(1M) configuration, right?
>>>

>>It's out of consadm(1M) scope. consadm is only able to add/remove
>>serial/modem tty into the auxiliary console devices.
>>
>>We have the system console and virtual consoles on Solaris.
>>consadm can be enhanced to support adding virtual consoles into
>>the auxiliary console devices list if really needed.
>>
>>The system console is special, we need some key sequences to
>>switch to the system console. Alt + F# is just for virtual consoles,
>>and Alt + F1 goes to the first VT.
>

> What does Linux do ?

On Linux, the system console will always go to the current active vt;
and there's only "Alt + F#" for vts.

> I thought, but it has been a while at Alt+F1 went to
> /dev/console and Alt+F2 went to the first non system console vt
> etc.

Since the system console (/dev/console) is somewhat special on
Solaris, it looks confused to me that "Alt + F1" goes to the
system console, instead of the first vt.

> I don't see any reason we need to be different to Linux
> here - or is what you are proposing what they currently
> do ?
>

>>>I don't see any reason to be incompatible with other
>>>systems that have the same functionality.
>>>
>>>I also don't think we should use Alt+h or Alt+SysRq.  If I
>>>remember correctly Alt+SysRq is/was used on Linux for some
>>>other functionality.  Alt+h just seems to generic and more like
>>>an application specific key combination.
>>
>>Then "Alt + Home" or what else?
>

> Definitely not Alt+Home that really looks like some thing an Emacs
> user would have bound to something (I used to do Emacs
> but I'm a vim user now).
>
> Why isn't Alt+F1 what goes to the console ?

If no other possible key sequences for the system console, we may
have to use "Alt+F1" for it, and others for vts.