On 09.12.2008 21:47, Magnus Hörlin wrote:
>> On Tue, Dec 09, 2008 at 07:34:19PM +0100, Magnus Hörlin wrote:
>>

>>> I hope you don't buy an eHD card since I don't believe it's the way to
>>> go and it would drive VDR in the wrong direction. I'm sitting here with
>>> a ???65 nvidia 8200-based motherboard playing 1080p videos with the cpu
>>> 97% idle using vdpau and ffmpeg! That's NOT software decoding if you ask
>>> me. And now that hdmi audio finally works with nvidia it's just awesome.
>>> I REALLY hope the xine guys will get this running soon.
>>> Btw, thanks to Klaus and the rest for all the work you put into this.
>>> /Magnus H

> I'm sorry if you think I was "bashing" the eHD card or RMM, that was not
> my intention. What I meant was that I hope Klaus doesn't buy one because

I already have one ;-)

> I think that would keep him in the "ff-card/one computer/one
> user"-thinking longer. If he switched to using xinelib/ffmpeg I think we
> would see a "separated vdr-backend with multiple frontends
> capability"-scenario a lot sooner, don't you?

My VDR is one machine with several DVB devices and hardware replay.
As long as there is a way of having a good hardware replay, why
shouldn't I use it?

Why would software replay in my VDR change anyting regarding "separated
vdr-backend with multiple frontends capability"?

Besides, isn't there the streamdev plugin that provides signals
to other clients? I've never tried it myself, but I was under
the impression that this is what people use in such cases...

Klaus