Am Freitag, den 06.05.2011, 14:04 +0100 schrieb Tony Houghton:
> And I hadn't heard of TVHeadEnd, so thank you :-). I don't think I'll
> abandon development of boxstar though, because there's no mention of
> support for Freesat's EPG or LCNs on FS or Freeview, and that's
> important to me.
>
> My current development direction is based on python and gstreamer. I had
> long intended to use gstreamer for playback anyway, which makes deciding
> to use its RTSP plugins for streaming a no-brainer and I was starting to
> find doing all the rest from scratch in C too laborious. Now gstreamer
> has some usable DVB source elements although they'll need rewriting to
> support Freesat. Freeview LCNs are already supported, bonus :-).

Tony, I'd like to encourage you to discuss boxstar on the new forum I
have created in a way that clarifies what the current limitations of VDR
are for you or others. If boxstar solves problems that VDR users have in
the UK, we can't afford to ignore boxstar. But I don't see the new forum
as a place where boxstar users may ask for support for their boxstar
installation.

Of course, limitations or advantages of MythTV for UK users would also
be a possible topic within the new forum, but they should always be put
into a relation with VDR. The goal is to look for ways to improve VDR.

Just my 2 cents... ;-)

Cheers,
Henning